St. Aloysius School
33 South Avenue
New Canaan, CT 06840
P (203) 966-0786
F (203) 972-6960
History
Diocese of Bridgeport
On September 10, 1956, New Canaan’s first parochial school, the St. Aloysius School, opened its doors to approximately 160 boys and girls.  Starting in 1957, the first-through-fourth grade at St. A’s School grew by one grade a year as the oldest class moved up.
In June 1961, it graduated its first eighth grade – 40 young men and women- into the high school world.
A Bridgeport diocesan school, St. Aloysius continues
as a kindergarten through eighth grade co-educational school. It draws its student population from 15 zip codes.

Since its inception, the school has maintained its high level of achievement. The faculty, staff, parents, and students embrace the mission statement of being a community permeated by Catholic teachings and values, where academic excellence is promoted through spiritual, intellectual, physical and emotional development of each student". As a result, students at the St. Aloysius School participate in a challenging program that is supported by a mission-centered culture and nurtured by a school community of dedicated parents.

Copyright 2013 • St. Aloysius School, New Canaan, CT. • All Rights Reserved
Website by: